Monday, June 8, 2009

The Face of Modern Sales

These past few times that I've been to a mall, I noticed a lot of small carts being manned by European men at the Raffles City Mall. There was one where two teenage girls were giggling uncontrollably while gawking at the good looking guy in charge. The same guy approached me and tried to engage me in a conversation by saying "I have a question for you". To which I promptly said, "Sorry, I have no time". Ha ha ha. I have no plans on buying some useless stuff just because the guy selling it looks good.

On the other side of the building, two women were having their hairs curled by two attractive European men. One of them was trying feign lack of interest but failing miserably. The other woman on the other hand, cannot keep the grin from her face and looks totally enamored by the beautiful men.

Anyhow, it's just funny how marketing these days capitalizes on the weaknesses and/or wants of their customers. I guess no matter where you are, a gorgeous sales person is bound to attract more people into your store. And even if only a few of those ends up in an actual sales, then they probably get exactly what they want.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...