Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Incoherent Ramblings

What do you do when a person who's suppose to give you directions refuses to point the way? Do you sit back and take it all in or do you force your will on trying to get the help of someone unwilling? It is a frustrating thing to experience, especially if it is not someone you'd expect to close the door on you. But this person felt that I wronged him by choosing a different path from what he thought I should have taken.

So it brings me to another point: if there is a fork in the road, how do you determine which road to take? Do you follow what you know and continue to trudge along the extension of the same road? Or do you take a leap of faith and throw all caution to the wind and follow the untrodden ways?

I followed the untrodden ways and it was not smooth sailing for me. There were times when I doubted myself but in the end I realized I can do anything that I set my mind on. And I was able to prove to myself that no matter how hard I think a task is, it becomes easy when I break it up into little pieces. You work on each piece little by little until the whole task is done.

Who would have thought that the path I took will actually take me to my way back home? I certainly did not expect that nor did I plan for it but it is a pleasant surprise that has taken a lot of people unaware.

Looking back, I don't think I would have changed the path that I took earlier. It was an experience that I needed to go through.

So even with the dissent I'm experiencing today, I think it would not have changed my mind about the whole thing. I will find a way to work around the unaccommodating behavior. It will make my travel a bit more difficult but it challenges me to rise up and take it head on.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...