Monday, October 29, 2007

Hospital



The prompt for this week: Hospital

Cold whitewashed walls
Halls that are never empty
Walking, pacing, fidgeting
Waiting for any news with dread

I bore witness to shouts of grief and relief
Tears of happiness and silent anguish
The echo of their cries rings continuously
They will be a part of me through eternity

Different people from all walks of life
Have passed through my white doors
No one wants to stay here with me
But they will not leave unless it’s time

I am a pariah that no one can do without
The mention of my name puts distaste in their mouth
No matter how much they avoid me
In the end, they always come

1 comment:

Tumblewords: said...

Astute. Well-written. Concise. Nice!!

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...