Monday, September 15, 2014

Tag, You're It!


I have not written a while here.  I usually say it's because I'm busy.  True.  But I think it's also because I was feeling lazy.  :)

However, since I was challenged to list down the 10 books that stay with me, I thought I'd head down here and list them down with a bit of snippets.

  • Bible - Old Testament - Don't balk.  I did read it from front to back, twice.  As a young reader, I was fascinated with all of the different stories.
  • The Guns of Navarone by Alistair MacLean - I saw the movie first and it got me interested enough to hunt down the book.  And from that first book on, I became a fan and avid reader of the author's books.  
  • Brotherhood of the Rose by David Morrell - There was actually a TV mini-series that aired first before I read the book.  The book is always better but this is how I also discovered another one of my favorite authors.
  • Eragon by Christopher Paolini - The book that I hastily bought for our travel from Rome to Florence.  It quite surprised me as I didn't think I would like it a lot.  I love the whole series.
  • The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory - This was not considered a historically accurate book and has a lot of negative reviews.  But I didn't read it to understand history but to enjoy the book. It definitely delivered.
  • Dracula by Bram Stoker - I've read this book several times already and consider it a very good read every time

My list may seem commercial for some but I stand by this list.  They are some of the most enjoyable books I've ever read.  I agree that the number ten seems a bit limiting as there are a few other authors/books that I would love to bring into the circle. But if I start including almost all of my favourites,  I would probably reach more than 50 and that would still not be enough.  So for now, let's stick to ten.  

Thanks Becky!


*note: image courtesy of The Bookworm Net




No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...