Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Leaf



The prompt for this week: New Leaf

I miss writing. Using my imagination to come up with stories based on a word, a phrase, an event. I realized I challenge myself more whenever I try to envision a story out of a writing prompt. Sometimes, I even surprise myself with the results. But as days turn to weeks and weeks turn to months, I found that I started to do it less and less until one day I totally stopped.

As the new year arrives, I promised myself I would write more and go back to creative writing. Not for want of awards or recognition but for my self accomplishment. I love writing and I want to go back to that which makes me feel fulfilled.

New Year, new leaf, old loves. Can't wait to surprise myself again.

5 whisper(s):

J Cosmo Newbery said...

It's an adventure. Take it one leaf at a time.

keiths ramblings said...

Writing is so satisfying. Keep it up!

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, glad you'll continue on, your writing is nice. Many happy leaves to you!

narasnook said...

It's like swimming, once you jump in and paddle around a bit, you can't figure out why you spent so much time looking instead of leaping. Hope to see more of your work. :)

Catherine Denton said...

"Writing became such a process of discovery that I couldn't wait to get to work in the morning; I wanted to know what I was going to say." - Sharon O'Brien

Good luck with your writing.