Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Of Lists, Diaries and Vacations

I had a two-day vacation last week (Thursday and Friday) that I promptly spent doing nothing. Well, I guess it doesn't really count that I logged in to work a few times because I needed to do so. I didn't leave the house and just stayed in. Well, for one, it was because I was a wimp. That's the extent of my confession so don't bother asking for further details. Second reason is because I was just too lazy to go out. I figured I'll just have another shopping spree with my credit cards if I roam around during my VL.

You know how when you're doing nothing you end up doing things you won't usually do? Like looking at closets and fixing things. Rummaging through your boxed stuffs, looking at closed drawers. In one of these, I found two of my old diaries. And what a great find it was. I realized that I might have been an actress in a past life. There was just so much drama. If I was any more dramatic, I would have won a FAMAS already. But I've found some insightful entries that did surprise me. Who is this person? Anyhow, the drama outweighs the insight so in the end, I am still a drama queen.

Something I wrote in my diary when I was in my 20's (ahem ahem, don't try to guess how old I am! alamak!), is a list of things I want to do before I turn 40. I was giving myself a lot of grace period to complete everything. And yet a few years down the line, I have accomplished only 2 out of the 11 in the list. I lost track of this list but I guess that should not be an excuse.

Anyhow, some of it I think I can still do but a few might already be outdated, something I am not interested anymore. Maybe I'll make a new list. Maybe I'll extend the timing to when I'm 50 or 60. You know, be a cool grandma. Or maybe I'm just giving myself the excuse of time to do nothing until I see the list again 10 years from now.

I've stopped writing in my diaries for a few years now. Maybe that's why I lost sight of the goal I set for myself. But then again, I have a feeling it was because I got sick of the drama. I really don't wanna be a drama queen!









image from http://www.archives.gov.on.ca/English/exhibits/diaries/pics/diaries_two_open_1020.jpg

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...