Monday, September 15, 2008

The One About Blogging

Got this meme from Write Anything who credits it from Sunday Stealing. I know it's no longer Sunday but I thought I still want to join....

1. How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging using friendster blog. I moved to blogger on January 2007 and has stayed since. I have other blogs somewhere but this is my main one.

2. Any advice to beginners?
I think there's no easy formula for a blog to survive. But the biggest ingredient required is the blogger's want to write and express one's self. Often I see a blog die because the drive to write is gone. I think it is a challenge to keep a blog alive through the years. So it all depends on you. Keep it simple, you're not trying to impress anyone here. You should write because you want to and not because you want to be famous.

3. What are the good things blogging has brought to your life?
I get to read a lot of blogs and get people's insight about almost anything under the sun. I've been privy to a lot of personal feelings that people posts in their blog. I consider the different memes I joined as inspiring, enabling me to look deep and call on to my creative ability. Even I surprise myself sometimes.

4. What would you consider the pitfalls?
Keeping a blog alive is serious hard work. Good thing I love writing so it's not as difficult as it should be. I have not received hate mails yet so I consider it a big positive for blogging.

5. Tell us about your blog name. Ever think of changing it? If so, to what? Why?
My all time favorite movie is the classic from Frank Capra, It's A Wonderful Life! This film gives a very good lesson about loving who you are and knowing that the things you do make a difference in the life of the people you meet. I thought it was a good lesson that we all need to be reminded of every now and then. So I celebrate my life through writing hoping that somehow it does make a difference. I have no plans of changing my blog title.

6. Knowing what you know now, was starting a blog a good thing for you? Why or why not?
I always thought I found my niche in blogging. Even at a young age, I've been writing poems. It seems inevitable for me to discover blogging and find the potential it has to offer for someone like me.

7. How do you think blogging, bloggers, or the blogosphere has changed since you started?
I am not really sure actually. But I know a lot of people has met a few friends through blogging. There's a lot of blogs now that sometimes it's a surprise to find a gem amongst the many stones. Then there's those who write without thinking of what they are writing. You know, clueless. And it results into a meaningless blog entry that no one would want to read. It's such a waste sometimes.

8. Ultimately, what would you like your blog to accomplish for you or others?
For me, blogging is a daily celebration of life. I want to continue to cultivate my thinking process through the different memes out there. I am not as active as I used to be but I want to continue doing it if I can. I'd like to go back to my entries a few years down the line and be surprised at the depth (or shallowness) of my writing. Because as I said, I sometimes surprise myself at times.


If you are interested in answering these questions, do join and give credit where it is due.


No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...