Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy

This afternoon, I saw a little girl that really caught my attention. She was so happy and seemed so carefree. She was playing some sort of a game boy. What was different about her is that she obviously have a down syndrome. I've seen a few children with down syndrome but their attitude is so different from this little girl. I found myself looking at her continuously and was fascinated. She was so engrossed with her game that she was unaware of anyone else. But she was self sufficient and her father seems to have such trust in her. Father and daughter alighted a few stops after but the image of the little girl stuck with me for some time. She is one good example of how the right care from a family goes a long long way.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...