Thursday, January 31, 2008

Looking Good

Here are a few reasons why I think 2008 is a good year. So far things have gone my way.

  • The Travel Voucher - Would you believe it if someone gives you a call and tell you that you won a Trip for 4 to France? Huh?!?! Really? Believe me, I was skeptical. The lady told me that I will receive a letter from Carrefour and I can use the letter to claim my prize. So for a few days I was in suspense. But finally it did arrive. And then I believe. But then a problem arise. The trip can only be taken during a time that is inconvenient for me. Besides I already have a trip planned during that time so utilizing the voucher was not possible. After a few days and a few weeks, I finally sold the voucher. It was not at a price that I wanted but I figured it's better than not getting anything out of it. I was afraid that the voucher will be left unused.

  • The Chocolate Box - In a random draw at the office, I won a box of Ghirardelli chocolate covered cookies. These of course I promptly gave to my team. I know it's a small thing but it was the fact that I won again within the same month that made me think.

  • The Envelope - Not a lot of people were happy with their "news" but I was content. It could be better but I figured with the state of economy all over the world, I should be thankful. And I am.


Now, if only my good fate will extend to the Toto. I could be a millionaire now. You'll never know.... =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you! Selling the travel voucher is more practical than availing it.

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...