Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fred Claus


image from apple movies

Warning! Spoilers ahead.

Santa's brother is coming to town.

It was a choice between Enchanted or Fred Claus. But with my niece with us, Fred Claus won hands down. I didn't expect much figuring it's one of those run-of-the-mills Christmas movies. It was that but it was more.

The movie plays around the usual movie formula: holidays + family + romance + comedy. It tells the story of Santa’s older brother. And how he ended up resenting the one person he originally promised to protect and help. Don’t we all sometimes feel a bit envious when your brother or sister gets more attention than you do? So the movie was easy for some people to relate to.

It has a few funny moments but these are moments that had me laughing out loud. And there were a lot of heart-tugging moments when I would discreetly try to wipe away my tears hoping my niece and the people seated behind would not notice.

I don’t watch a lot of movies nowadays but I sure am glad I watched this one. It was a feel good movie that will leave you feeling happy at the end. So, it was a perfect holiday movie for me. The movie was not perfect nor was it sensational. But it was definitely a good watch for me.



Here comes Santa Claus!
Here comes Santa Claus!
Right down Santa Claus Lane!
Vixen and Blitzen and all his reindeer
are pulling on the reins.
Bells are ringing, children singing;
All is merry and bright.
Hang your stockings and say your prayers,
'Cause Santa Claus comes tonight.

Ho Ho Ho Ho

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...