At the end of June, just before we watched Transformers, we ventured into Gramaphone at The Cathay. I like this video/music store because the price is usually lower than HMV or Laser Flair or Carrefour and they have extensive stocks as well. I knew even from the start that they have rentals but I never took the time to inquire about it.
On that day, instead of buying a $27 DVD, I signed up for a one-month membership with Gramaphone. And so far, I find that it is a very good deal indeed.
- Unlimited movies at your fingertips
- You save at least $300 per month if you calculate the price of buying the DVDs against renting them out
- New releases are available for rent as soon as they are out
- You get to rent 4-7 discs of a TV series as part of your membership
- Membership can only be utilized in the branch where you signed up. To rent in another branch, another membership fee has to be paid
Rules and Requirements
- Singapore Resident (Citizen, PR, EP holder, Work Permit holder)
- $30 for one-month or $75 for three-months membership
- Members can rent 3 movies or one boxed series
- New releases has to be returned in three days
- Boxed series' return is dependent on the number of discs
- A $2 fine per disc will be enforced daily for a late return
- All borrowed discs must be returned before new ones can be borrowed
I did finally find a good way of not spending money while enjoying it at the same time.
So. Tip #1 to save money: Rent.
People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...
I admit it was partly my fault. But I think it is a vendor's responsibility to be clear about their product and services to avoid any m...
The bridal shower planned by Alisa and Wena turned out to be one of the most fun event I had for some time. I did think if it was a party f...
It started off as an ordinary day. He was minding his own business and just going about his routine. Suddenly, his mobile phone beeps sig...