Tuesday, July 31, 2007

It's Over

Warning: Some spoilers ahead

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It is now one of my favorites of the Harry Potter books. I think it was well written and the suspense was sustained from the start right up to the end. All 607 pages of the book were superb.

For some odd reason, I can’t seem to remember HP6 that much. I remember Dumbledore dying but most of the book was a blur. I remember reading it with not much excitement and interest. I just had to finish it because I never like starting a book without completing it.

But the last installment of HP was a much-awaited finale that really delivers. From the first chapter up to the last page, there was no choice but to read on to find out how it will all end.

Yes. It is true that a lot of people died. There was a war after all. A war between good and evil, a basic formula that every book must have.

Didn’t I say that reading the end of the book is like arriving at your destination without experiencing the journey? I am glad I harnessed the patience required to read through the whole book and experience it through the eyes of the main characters. And what a joyride it was, what an adventure. It is indeed well worth it.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...