Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Of Travel Destinations

I've noticed lately that my vacation destination has somehow now been limited to the Philippines. For someone who loves to travel, that is not a fun thing indeed. But you know how sometimes you want to do something so much but you need to attend to something else? I think I feel that. I want to travel somewhere else but I come back to the Philippines because of my house. Mind you, I love my house a lot. I feel a certain affinity with it that you only feel for places that pull at your heart on first sight.

BUT, I want to see a different part of the world again. I want to see Greece or Spain or New Orleans. It doesn't help that I already have plans of going back to the Philippines in December just before Christmas. I will be spending my 2nd Christmas in Singapore this year. Ah well. A person's got to do what a person's got to do.

If I manage to save enough money, I want to bring my parents to Rome. and maybe Paris. I know they will definitely love Rome since it's a chance to see the Vatican. And who doesn't love Paris? I know I do. Sometimes I see pictures of Paris in movies, magazines or in TV and I yearn to go back and visit it once more. I miss the food a lot. Oooh la la. I don't think I've ever hated any food in Paris, or in France, for that matter.

Rome would be nice to visit again and maybe Florence. To have a chance to see Botticelli paintings once more would be great! At the Trevi fountain in Rome, they say that when you toss in a coin and make a wish, it will come true. There was only one wish I had back then when I tossed my coin that night: to be able to return to Rome.

Who knows? It just might happen soon. And hopefully, my parents can tag along and we can traipse around Rome, Paris and Florence together. I'll probably look like a personal tour guide for my parents but what the heck! I'd take that for a chance to see those places again. And maybe, just maybe I'll get to see the Sistine chapel this time around. =)

I wonder if I need to make an appointment to see the Pope?

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...