Friday, February 9, 2007

A Life of Leisure

I want to be a pensionada (a woman living out of pension). I would wake up in the middle of the day with a good breakfast already waiting for me at the table. I would have a hard time deciding on whether I will take a swim or go to the sauna for a good steam. Then I will be planning my next visit to Chicago or maybe to Hong Kong or maybe to Paris. Because I would have a lot of time in my hands, I will spend an hour writing letters to my friends. Then I would read the newspaper, taking my time as I do so.

I will not wonder about deadlines and long hours at the office. I will not panic when I forget about some items related to my releases.

Since I left for Singapore, I stopped paying SSS (Social Security Services) contribution. At that time, I was too busy trying to survive in this new country. I just don't have the time to think about pension. And now, because I am a PR, I have the CPF (Central Provident Fund) contribution to fatten up my pension. That should be enough, right?

Apparently not for me. Maybe I'm greedy. Or maybe it's my sense of being part of my country but I started paying SSS contribution again this year. Yup. Another change to add in my list. Don't be cheeky and tell me that it's because I'm getting old that I'm now starting to worry about pension. Not really. I did mention the CPF contribution here right? It's the same thing as the SSS in the Philippines.

So I think I'm on my way to being a pensionada. All I need to do is to continue to pay that monthly contribution. Little by little and regularly. One day my purse would be so fat that I will be able to live up to my dream. And then maybe, just maybe, I'll let you share that breakfast with me. =)


Visit the SSS website for more details including details on your current contribution. You too can be a pensionada by visiting the SSS booth at Lucky Plaza on Sundays. Thereafter, you can pay your contribution at i-Remit and other remittance centers in LP.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...