Friday, February 23, 2007

A Good Year


Warning: Spoilers ahead.

I watched this movie on the way back from Manila. I was not overly interested in watching it but there was nothing else on so I figured, what the heck!

I'm glad I took the time to watch it though because it was definitely entertaining. I found myself laughing constantly over simple, subtle actions and dialogues. I don't think a lot of people got some of the jokes though because I can't hear that many people laughing. Oh well.

The story revolves around Max Skinner, a successful English investment banker. His uncle died recently and has left him a vineyard in Provence. As he try to renovate the vineyard to get a good price out of its sale, he reluctantly discovers a different kind of life from what he's used to. He gets flashes of memories of his childhood in the vineyard that reminded him how much he loved living in that place.

The movie has its misses but I enjoyed watching it.

Here are a few excerpts of the conversations in the movie:


Fanny: Are they good memories?
Max: No. They're grand!

Madame Duflot: What does sodomy means?
Monsieur Duflot: I'll show you tonight.


Watch it without any expectations and you just might like it. Enjoy!


For more information about this movie, click here.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...