Saturday, March 22, 2014

3WW: Authentic Enlist Phobia


Recently, I was asked whether I think I'd like to go higher up in the corporate ladder, take on more responsibilities.  I'm sure I can handle it albeit with difficulty.  I may also not be perfect for the role, but if I set my mind to it, I probably can do it.  The question is, is my heart in it?  See, I am an authentic person.  I find it hard to lie.  I can if I need to but it's not in my nature.  So you see, it's difficult for me to hide if I don't like someone.  For me to hide my phobia of a particular person.  Thus, it may be a detriment for my career if I need to rub shoulders with folks I don't particularly like.  Don't get me wrong.  These people probably don't like me too, so the feeling is mutual.  But they would be better adept in hiding that fact than I will ever be in my lifetime.

I can enlist the help of others to get around this fact.  But in life, real or corporate, you need to learn to depend on yourself and not to be too dependent.

I am not a perfect person.  I know that.  You know that.  And if you haven't figured it out yet, I embrace that fact.

My generosity is quite known, so much so that there are tendencies for some to exploit or abuse that.  In most cases, I don't mind.  As long as I can give it, I will.  However, do realise I am a generous person, not a dolt.  I know when someone's pulling my strings.  If I allow it, don't think you're getting one up on me, I probably allowed it just because.

But there's a side of me that also gives people the crazies.  Something that drives other people insane.  Or so frustrated that they just want to scratch my face out of irritation and be done with it.  That's one kind of reaction I always seem to get.  And seriously, I don't understand it.  Moi?  I am a nice person, see.  Look at the many times I've posted about that same topic.  And with so many post about me being nice, then that only means it's true, right?

So.  We've established the facts:

  1. I am authentic 
  2. I am not perfect
  3. I am generous to a fault
  4. I am nice
  5. I drive people insane  


For people who genuinely believe in # 1, thank you.

For those who falls under # 5, don't be a cry baby.  Go back to # 4.  And if you still don't get it, read # 2 and # 4 again and again until you fall under my spell and finally believe # 1.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...