Thursday, October 3, 2013

DON'T PANIC

For readers of Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe, those two words: DON'T PANIC, means a lot.

The Samsung S4 allows one to personalize the message that comes up on your phone's screen and people would turn to the norm 'Carpe Diem' to the motivational 'Lose Weight!'.  For me, I chose those two words from one of my favorite books.

Funny enough, when I was traveling to Pune through Mumbai last July, those two words served me well.  I woke up with only around 1 hour to spare prior to my flight.  I thank God for making me the type of traveller who always prepares everything the day before because it allowed me to leave as soon as I've cleaned myself and changed to my travel clothes.

On the way to the airport, I keep on seeing the words 'Don't Panic' on my phone and it helped to calm me down.  Weird how that simple phrase actually allowed me to think clearly and avoid going into a full blown panic mode.

And yes, I made it in time for my flight and yes, my luggage made it with me at the same time.  I didn't need to wait for the subsequent flight before midnight to get my luggage, as forewarned by the check-in desk.

Nowadays, when I feel that I start to feel stressed or panicky, I turn to the phrase I chose to use on my phone.  DON'T PANIC.  And call me crazy but it seems to work every time.  :)

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...