Thursday, March 10, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: American Assassin by Vince Flynn

American Assassin (Mitch Rapp #11)American Assassin by Vince Flynn

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have not read all of the Mitch Rapp books from Vince Flynn. I started with Extreme Measures and went from there. When I read Extreme Measures, I got the impression of a tough kind of hero in Mitch. However, I didn't really have a good background since I started almost at the end of the series.

The prequel gives a good background of how Mitch travelled to where he is now and the things he had to endure to get there. What moved him to take this path. I loved reading this book a lot. And Hurley, that old rascal, is also introduced to me well in this book.

There's a lot of assumption made that Mitch is a natural at his line of work. And for some, it might be just too much. But you have to suspend your sense of reality and just accept that he is one good lead character.

I am wondering though if I liked this book because I've read the other two books before and it has already given me an idea of what kind of character he is. Or did I like it because it gave me a better idea of who he was. Something like if you're going to only about to start reading the Mitch Rapp series, should you start with the American Assassin book before reading the others? Or should you follow the sequence of how the books were written to fully enjoy them? I guess I'll never know.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...