Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Year Ender

It's that time of the year again. To look back at the year that was, counting your blessings while learning from the bad experiences.

The Bad
  • I changed my line manager 3 times this year. 3 different expectations, 3 different styles. So difficult.
  • Work issues. Things are just so hectic. And at a time when I'm expecting. There was even a joke about my baby being born to be a support person because of all the stress she's been in while I was working.
  • I gained more than 10 kilos. Does it count if I'm pregnant?


The Good
  • Wedding in May. It was a blur for me but I'm glad it was over
  • Learning I'm pregnant just a few days before the wedding! Good thing my dress design allowed for the bigger tummy. :)
  • iPad from my hubby


The Great
  • Just a few more days to wait for my baby girl to arrive


If 2009 was difficult, 2010 topped it off by a long measure. With the multiple tasks of managing your work and team and planning my wedding, it was definitely not a breeze. Then there's all the difficult complications with my pregnancy that saw me having the most number of medical leaves in my whole career in the company.

Working with different managers who have different styles and different expectations is also not a walk in the park. I had to adjust 3 times this year due to the changes in my direct line manager. The one thing that helped me through all this was the support of my family and my hubby. It was also not easy for my team due to the different changes in team dynamics and leaderships. But the team persevered and endured and hopefully became stronger in the face of all the difficulties we've been through together.

For 2011, the one thing I am looking forward to is being a mother to our baby girl. I'm sure she's going to be a handful if she was to take from either her father or her mother. :) Even as I feel afraid in holding a fragile little thing in my arms, I can't wait to see her. I'm sure I'll need to learn a lot of things but I'll again have the support of my family and husband so I'm not doing this alone.

I am hoping 2011 is sunnier and less stressful than the last 2 years. My team and I definitely need a break. Well, since I'll be on maternity leave for a while, I am technically on work break.

Happy New Year everyone and may the coming year bring all of you good blessings and good cheer!

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...