Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Twilight Madness

The Twilight series are books that I've been seeing regularly in my visit in Borders. I didn't really gave much attention to it although I've seen a lot of feedback about how good it is. Although a lot of the feedback also says it's for a younger reader, those in their teens.

I bought it as a birthday gift for a friend. Then during another sale in Borders, I bought the first two books. There were a lot of stocks at the time for all 4 books so I figured then that I'll buy the other books some other time. It was not that popular yet.

Then the Twilight movie came out. And then all hell broke loose. Okay, I'm exaggerating. It's just that suddenly, there was so much hype on this Twilight book series that stocks ran out from every bookstore in Singapore. It was just so amazing how people suddenly felt the compulsion to read a book that they have been ignoring for a long time.

Anyhow, I like the books from the series but I won't consider it the best there is. That's why I am confused by the hype and hoopla about it.

The 3rd and 4th books are both out of stock in Singapore. Although I want to complete the series, I am not exactly agitated in not being able to read it.

With Brisingr (3rd book from the Eragon series), I was definitely counting the day when it would be available in the bookstore and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I wonder which other book will get the same funny reaction from Singapore as the Twilight series. I'm guessing it'll be the Inkheart series next (I already have the first 2 books of the trilogy). I'll be watching.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its the same here Ther, good thing I got my hands on the complete set before they disappear like smoke. Up till now major bookstores here don't have stocks yet of the complete set and many are on the waiting list.

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...