Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm Gonna Push You Down!

Sometimes I just want to push people down escalators. Does that thought make me insane? Maybe not. Here’s why….

Everyday, I travel on a lot of escalators. In the MRT, in the underpass from the MRT, in department stores and other places. What’s irritating is people’s blind refusal to follow rules. If you’re standing, stay on the left. If you’re walking, stay on the right. But NOOOOO! People here insist on staying on the right when they are stationary. And they would give you this dirty, malicious look when you excuse yourself trying to walk ahead.

I don’t like standing still on escalators. Even when I am not in a rush, I end up trying to walk just because. And so sometimes I get this irrational need to push people out of the way. Don’t get me wrong, there are those who graciously give way. But then there are those who would just totally ignore you and won’t care about other people at the back.

In Paris, if you do something like that, you will definitely get pushed. I know because it happened to me. Beside the push, you’ll get a dirty look and maybe some comment about how foreigners like me does not know how to follow Parisian rules.

So, would you still think me insane for wanting to push people down escalators? In my opinion, if these people are stubborn enough to not follow rules, they deserve the push.

Don’t le me be catching you on the wrong side of the escalator, yeah? =)

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...