Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ensemble, c'est tout


image from unifrance.org

Warning: Spoilers ahead.

I chanced upon this movie on my way home to Manila on December. One of my habits upon boarding a plane is to scan the list of available movies to see if there is something interesting. There were a lot of really good and popular movies available at the time but when I saw this film I figured I’d rather watch this one. I love French films and a few of the ones I’ve watched before end up in my list of favorites.

Not a lot of people like watching foreign films because of the need to read the subtitles while watching. But I didn’t want my limited knowledge of the language to be a cause for me to miss a lot of great films. Just imagine missing Seven Samurai, Malena and Cinema Paradiso. It would have been a very big loss for me.

Anyhow, the main characters are played by Audrey Tautou and Guillaume Canet. Well, the former is known for her film Amelie and the latter was the main character in one of my favorite films Jeux d'enfants (Love me if you dare).

It’s a simple film. Girl meets boy. Boy hates girl. Boy falls in love with the girl but girl only wants sex. In the end, girl also falls in love with boy and they live happily ever after. Ho hum. Yeah right. It isn’t that simple. I think you should watch it and form your own opinion. It is definitely not going to be a waste of time.

Here's a few more information about this film: ensemble, c'est tout. Enjoy!

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...