Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 - The Beginning

While a lot of people were out braving the crowd and blending in with the noise in Sentosa, Marina or Clarke Quay, I was at my sister's place and welcoming the New Year with my two nieces.

I was invited by my friend to go to Sentosa, there was even a ticket bought for me. But I backed out at the last minute. One because I thought I still have this critical meeting that I usually attend bi-weekly on Mondays. Turned out I was right and it was really postponed until after the New Year. But top management attends it and it's going to be embarrassing if there is no representative from our team. So there I was five minutes before and after the designated time and there was no one in the meeting. I tried several times after to be sure. There was no meeting. Aaargggh.

The other reason for not going is because it was not my thing. I don’t want to greet the New Year out on the streets with strangers and get cramped by the crowd. I get suffocated sometimes when there are too many people around.

Call me old or whatever you want. It is not my thing. And I don’t like forcing myself to do something I don’t want to do just because everybody else is doing it. No thank you. I’m perfectly comfortable and satisfied staying at home and having family around. All I need are my two nieces to keep me occupied and entertained.

Overall I thought 2007 was a good year. I had good blessings and I’ve managed to do a lot of writing.

I want 2008 to be the year when I definitely lessen my credit card spending. I know I’ve already said that two years back but I really want to make it happen this year. I’m way too generous and careless about buying stuff. I need to stop it. Or at least get better control of it.

Here’s hoping for a greater year out of 2008. I’m looking forward to what it has in store for me.

No comments:

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...