Wednesday, August 15, 2007

First Blood



This is my first attempt to write for 3WW.

The words for this week are:

Burning
Quietly
Taxi

In the wee hours of the morning, I sat quietly at the corner of the street, unable to stand up or walk straight as I try to rest away my drunken stupor.

A flicker of light caught at the corner of my eyes, distracting my attention away from a passing couple that can’t seem to keep their hands off from each other.

“Are you okay?”

I looked away from the light in the window and turned my attention to the direction of the voice I heard. Ah! It’s a taxi driver that has stopped beside me unobserved.

“I’m okay. Thanks!” I turned away hoping he would take the hint and go.

“Do you need a ride home? I can take you, my taxi is available.”

“No, it’s okay. I just need to rest.”

I suddenly realized that the street and my near vicinity are now quite deserted and my heart started to thump faster as fear slowly creeps in.

The taxi driver alighted and approached me slowly, probably trying to gauge how drunk I am.

Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and was forcing me to go inside the car.

“Stop! I told you I am okay. I don’t want to go with you.” I struggled and fought to get the control of my arm back.

“But you need help, you need to go home.”, the taxi driver gushed.

“Stop! I don’t want to go with you.”, and with the strength left in me brought all the force I can muster from my knee to his groin.

The taxi driver bends over in pain and lost his grip on my arms.

As I ran away, there is only one question burning in my mind, “What have I gotten myself into?”

I ran towards the light, the glow from the candle urging me to run faster. I knocked once, twice, three times more until the door opens.

Thud.

I have fallen off my bed. It was all a dream, an unwanted dream. But it felt so real all the same.

11 comments:

lissa said...

I don't think it was dream. Maybe it did happen and she just didn't remember it until now.

Or it could be a dream. I guess it can be interpreted either way.

Wonderful 1st 3WW. Welcome.

Gay said...

Scary when a taxi driver accosts passengers... makes you think of serial killers. Good that it was a dream. Welcome to 3WW.

--Gay
www.norbertandsmedley.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! A very vivid and scary dream. I like how you fought off the danger.

Welcome to 3WW. :)

paisley said...

and an excellent first 3ww it was.. glad to have you here... keep playing.....

Anonymous said...

I like such stories where you can't predict the end. Gla it was a dream. It was so vivid.

What a great show for a 3WW. Welcome aboard!

Bone said...

Welcome to 3 Word Wednesday!

That could have been a very scary story. I like how you brought the light back into it at the end.

alisonwonderland said...

as i usually can see where my dreams come from in my waking life, i'm left wondering what this dream meant for her ...

welcome to 3WW! i've got mine up now too.

Sherri B. said...

This was very intense...I was real relieved at the end when it turned in to a dream! Very good read. :~)

Anonymous said...

I like it. Dreams like this can blow you mind. I have them all the time.

I have only done a few 3WWW but it is fun!

Anonymous said...

I'll never look at taxi drivers the same, dream or not. Welcome to 3WW.

TC said...

I only ever remember weird dreams... I can totally relate.

Princesses Can Be Bullies Too

People think of bullies as someone who are bigger, older. Someone who can physically hurt another and uses that power to bully someone else...